We offer flexible schedules with morning, daytime, evening and weekend hours available. Competitive pay rates offered, see open job positions for details. We provide free facility use of our recreation centers, Masters Swim Program and discounted classes and golf. In addition we offer college scholarship opportunities, and room for advancement in managerial positions.
New to Lifeguarding? You must pass the Lifeguarding Course before applying for a job. Fill out the form below if you’d like to take the Lifeguarding Course.
Been a lifeguard, but need re-certification? We’ll re-certify you!
If you are currently certified, submit an application online – use blue button below to get started.
Minimum Age and Skills Required: 16 years old. Must be a strong swimmer.
Lifeguarding Course: 32 hours of training
- The Kroc Center will reimburse the cost of the class for those who work for us. Please ask for details.
- Training does not provide conditioning or swim instruction, only Lifeguarding skills, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid.
Pre-screening Skills Test: Lifeguard candidates must proficiently demonstrate the following pre-screening skills on the first day of class in order to continue in the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, swimming on back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes continuously without stopping, using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits and their head must remain above water.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet or head first, to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on their back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Place the object on the side of the pool, and exit the water without using a ladder or steps