General info and payment questions
When can I book my party? Parties are available to book online (for Corner Zone year-round & Pool during Spring/Summer) two months prior to each calendar month (i.e. August parties go on sale June 1st). Parties close for sale 2 weeks’ & 1 day prior to the selected weekend (The Thursday 2 weeks’ prior). Our dates do sell out, so we recommend booking as soon as it's available to book.
How do I book my party? Corner Zone & Pool Parties: Go to https://sd.kroccenter.org/kroc-san-diego/party
Gym, Field & Climbing Tower Parties: Contact CAS Info with your requested date.
Can I add time to my party? Yes, additional time may be added to afternoon Corner Zone Parties and Pool Parties: https://www.krocsales.org/#/sd/search/5/extra
Is there food, drinks, or tableware (plates, cups, napkins) included in the party package? These items are left up to you. We require that all food is prepared by a restaurant or a store for health concerns including salmonella and ecoli. We do not allow any CBD infused food. We ask that food is provided in individualized serving packages. We require that these are served by one designated person. If you would like our staff to help, the party host can assist with serving; please coordinate with your host upon arrival. Any adults assisting with food service must wear gloves.
Are adult beverages allowed at the party? No, alcohol is not allowed at the Kroc Center. If found at a party, a $75.00 fee will be applied, and party will be subject to an early ending with no refund.
Can I have food delivered to the Kroc Center for my party? Yes, be sure to specify the venue to the caterer (ie: Corner Zone/ pool deck/ Gymnasium). Please follow our food guidelines above. (Note: The exact address of the Corner Zone is: 4270 69th St., San Diego, CA 92115).
Is there a refrigerator available for my cake? No, please be prepared with ice chests.
Is there access to a microwave or oven to cook food? No.
What happens if it rains? Parties are held rain or shine! We’ll do our best to coordinate the week prior to your party and make alternate arrangements if inclement weather is predicted. Indoor options may not be available. If an indoor space is available, we can move your party inside. If not, you’ll have the option to reschedule with at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the original date.
What if I need to cancel our party reservation?
- Cancellations made at least 3 week’s in advance: full refund minus $25 admin fee.
- Date transfer made at least 3 week’s in advance: full transfer without penalty. Subject to date availability and current pricing.
- Cancellations made less than 3 week’s in advance: No refund.
- Date transfer made less than 3 week’s in advance: transfer minus $50 rebooking fee (old date no longer available for reservation). Subject to date availability and current pricing.
- *We understand that emergencies arise and will do our best to work with parents to accommodate cancellation and transfer requests.
What are the pool party guidelines? Please view pool rules here: https://sd.kroccenter.org/kroc-san-diego/policies
Supervision: At least 1 adult must be IN the water at all times. An adult must be IN the water per each child using a lifejacket. When not possible, an adult may sit on the steps and within arms-reach of child.
Can my guests wear cover-ups in the water? We require either true swimsuits or synthetic/ polyester material, no jeans or t-shirts (cotton is bad for our filters). For modesty or personal comfort, we recommend athletics attire or “rash guards”.
What is included in the pool party package?
- Party Host
- 90 minutes of exclusive-use swim time for up to 50 guests.
- Reserved Gazebo with 4 tables & 20 chairs for your guests.
- Access for non-swimming guests, up to 50 total attendees.
- Saturdays and Sundays parties are from 3:30-5:30pm.
Can I pay for extra guests? Yes, $100/additional 25 guests. Includes pool access + 2 tables & 10 chairs: https://www.krocsales.org/#/sd/search/5/large
Can I add on amenities:Yes, Inflatable Obstacle Course or Dive Board & Aqua Climb: https://www.krocsales.org/#/sd/search/5/pool
Can I get additional seating? Yes, 2 tables & 10 chairs: https://www.krocsales.org/#/sd/search/5/seating
What is included in the party package?
- Access for set-up & break-down (45 minutes before & 30 minutes after)
- A party host (responsible for ensuring room is set-up, greeting guests & ensuring waiver is completed.)
- One Wooden Backdrop – 8 ft wide x 7 8/12 ft tall
- Five - 7 ft x 3 1/2 ft tables with 50 adult chairs (for eating)
- Four - 5 ft x 3 ft tables for food
- Two - 6 ft. x 3 ft. table for desserts / gifts
- One - 6 ft x 2 1/2 ft tables for desserts / gifts / photobooth
What activities are available in the Corner Zone? * subject to change based on current COVID-19 restrictions. Please inquire for amenities available at the time of your scheduled party**
- At least 1 bounce house
- An inflatable obstacle course
- Imagination Playground Blocks*
- 2 foosball tables
- Table Tennis
- Slingshot game (stuffed animals)
- Toddler zipline (approx. 30’ length)
- Toddler Swing Set
- Pool table (for adults or teens w/ supervision)
- Imagination Playground Block area
How many guests are included in the package? The price covers up to 50 total people (adults and children).
Can I add guests? Yes, $100/ up to 100 guests. Includes 4 additional 6’ tables & 20 chairs: https://www.krocsales.org/#/sd/search/5/large
Can I schedule a walkthrough? We do not currently have staff to provide walkthroughs. You may check out our photos & videos online or check out the space during drop-in play (Mondays & Tuesdays from 4-7pm)
Is there air conditioning in the Corner Zone? No, there is not. We have large ceiling fans that can be turned on during parties. It can get warm in summer months.
Is ice provided? No, it is not.
Can I play music? Yes, we have a sound system with an iPhone adapter.
Field, Climbing Tower, Preschool & Gym Parties
What is included in the party package?
- A party host to welcome guests, ensure waivers are signed and oversee party.
- Access for up to 40 total guests
- Access to the site 45 minutes prior for set-up & 30 minutes after for clean-up
- 2 Pop-up canopies, 4 tables, 25 chairs (gym parties also have shared use of lounge area) –
- Staff to lead activities may be added (Please inquire at least 1 week prior to your party to allow us time to schedule your attendant): https://www.krocsales.org/#/sd/search/5/activity
What are the Facility rules for all areas?
- Check in allowed 45 minutes prior to party start time
- Any outside vendors coming onsite will need approval by the Party Coordinator. Proof of liability insurance will be needed on file as well. Additional fee for outside catering will be assessed: https://www.krocsales.org/#/sd/search/5/cater
- You may decorate and can only use painters tape to attach décor to walls. Please, NO confetti, glitter, paint, staples.
- No alcoholic drinks allowed (or a $75.00 fee will be charged by host and party will be subject to an early end time with no refund)
- Please use equipment at its' designated area (i.e. angry birds items at its' station, blue building blocks at its' station, etc.)
- Please clean up any trash that does not fit into trash cans (food containers, pinatas, beverage containers) The host will walk through the venue at the conclusion of your event to ensure all is left as it was at check in. Our host will empty trash, sweep, and wipe down tables.
- Active parental supervision is required. Do not rely on our party host to supervise children. Our hosts oversee the venue and provide support
- Please ensure to depart at the rental end time or a $20.00 charge will be applied for every 10 minutes or part thereof.
- Venue should be left in the same condition as at check in.
- All food, beverage and trash items should be placed in trash cans and not left on floors or tables. There should be no pinatas, food containers or trash left on tables. We have trash bins directly in front of Corner Zone.
- If something breaks, please advise the party host
Specific Corner Zone Rules
- No running
- Shoes are required outside of the Inflatable Zone (there is a shoe holder near the inflatables)
- Please use equipment for its intended use
- Return all equipment after use (pool tables items, any borrowed games)
- Please refrain from using any equipment marked as closed
- Observe activity-specific rules, as posted - All toys/equipment should be returned to appropriate stations.
- We abide by the current county guidelines for COVID-19 and will share those guidelines as it gets closer to the party
- Should our county return to a specific color tier system, capacity limits may change as well as face covering requirements
- Current capacity limits for parties are 40 attendees including the party child and their family. Once a party reaches the capacity limit of 40 attendees, no further attendees will be allowed in
- If anyone is exhibiting cold or flu symptoms, we asked that they do not attend